ASSISTANT VENUE MANAGER | WALSH BAY KITCHEN |ROSLYN PACKER THEATRE
Lights. Camera. Action!
With a sleek fit out paying homage to its theatrical setting, oozing mood and drama, Walsh Bay Kitchen offers a place where people can meet and enjoy culinary delights, anticipate or reflect upon the shows of the Roslyn Packer Theatre, the Wharf Theatres or simply share in the eclectic sights and sounds of Walsh Bay and the Sydney’s Arts Precinct. Situated in the City in the fastest growing part of Sydney, this venue is ideally placed to capitalise on the development of Barangaroo and Walsh Bay.
The show starts with you!
If you have experience in a multi-disciplined, innovative venue and thrive on taking the lead to get things done, this job is for you. You love dealing with the day to day operations, managing the restaurant for pre-theatre and the local dining community. You will love lavish events and functions, from intimate dinners in our semi-private dining rooms to luxury product launches and larger events at Roslyn Packer Theatre!
You thrive working in a fast paced environment being a hands-on manager while leading the front of house. The ability to think outside the box to go beyond standard practices is integral. This role requires ambition and diligence to ensure the company’s vision is understood and implemented by your team. You will need to be commercially driven, taking the lead in making strategic and progressive decisions to further the business and wider company goals. Your ability to engage with other departmental staff and our external service providers is paramount to your success.
To ensure your success in this role you will have:
- A minimum 3+ years’ experience in a managerial role
- Passion for providing exceptional customer service
- P&L capabilities, staff recruitment, casual/perm wages and costing
- Strong leadership capabilities, true motivator and a dedicated mentor
- Excellent knowledge of produce and wine and running of a venue
- Motivation and innovation with the ability to lead by example
- Excellent communication skills, time management and dedication
- Ability to work 5 days within a 7 day roster with 2 days off in a row
- Clear communication skills, flexible, resilient and passionate
Who are we?
Trippas White Group is a leader in the hospitality industry, operating restaurants, cafés, events and food facilities across Australia. The hospitality company’s prestigious portfolio includes 360 Bar and Dining, Centennial Homestead, Botanic Gardens Restaurant, The Avalon on the Beach and Sydney Opera House – Portside, Western Foyers. Working for Trippas White Group not only means experience at one premium venue, but opens endless possibilities to a vast array of food concepts across Australia.
Please follow the link to apply.