SOUS CHEF | WALSH BAY KITCHEN | THE ROCKS
Lights. Camera. Action!
With a sleek fit out paying homage to its theatrical setting, oozing mood and drama, Walsh Bay Kitchen offers a place where people can meet and enjoy culinary delights, anticipate or reflect upon the shows of the Roslyn Packer Theatre, the Wharf Theatres or simply share in the eclectic sights and sounds of Walsh Bay and the Sydney’s Arts Precinct. Situated in the City in the fastest growing part of Sydney, this venue is ideally placed to capitalise on the development of Barangaroo and Walsh Bay.
We want you!
We are looking for our next star Sous Chef to work alongside Head Chef, Kay Hwang – a passionate and experienced chef, cooking a Modern Australian menu with an Asian twist. If you have experience working in fast paced cafés, restaurants, functions and events, delivering premium quality, we would love to hear from you. The sous chef will be responsible for the service of high quality food and beverages, working across the restaurant, theatre bars, functions and events throughout the year. Do you think leadership is one of your strong points? We are looking for a born leader who wants to impart their wisdom to the team.
Do you have?
- Minimum 2+ years Sous Chef experience
- Able to work five days per week – Monday to Sunday
- Managing food costs, staffing, menu design, ordering and invoicing
- Must have qualifications or trade experience equivalent
- Flexible and willing attitude, clear communication and customer service skills
- Prepared to work across multi outlets including restaurant service, events and functions
- Exceptional grooming and pride in presentation
- Ability to mentor, lead and coach other team members
- Easy access to public transport for occasional early starts and late finishes
- You will be reliable, dedicated, willing to continue learning and passionate
Be part of something big!
Trippas White Group is a leader in the hospitality industry, operating restaurants, cafés, events and food facilities across Australia. The hospitality company’s prestigious portfolio includes 360 Bar and Dining, Centennial Homestead, Botanic Gardens Restaurant, The Avalon on the Beach and Sydney Opera House – Portside, Western Foyers. Working for Trippas White Group not only means experience at one premium venue, but opens endless possibilities to a vast array of food concepts across Australia.
Then we want to hear from you!
To apply for this role, please fill out the questions our careers page.