Assistant Venue Manager
ASSISTANT VENUE MANAGER | WALSH BAY KITCHEN |
Who are we?
Trippas White Group is a leader in the hospitality industry, operating restaurants, cafés, events and food facilities across Australia. The hospitality company’s prestigious portfolio includes 360 Bar and Dining, Centennial Parklands Dining, Botanic Gardens Restaurant, The Avalon on the Beach and Sydney Opera House. Working for Trippas White Group not only means experience at one premium venue, but opens endless possibilities to a vast array of food concepts across Australia.
Lights. Camera. Action!
With a sleek fit out paying homage to its theatrical setting, oozing mood and drama, Walsh Bay Kitchen offers a place where people can meet and enjoy culinary delights, anticipate or reflect upon the shows of the Roslyn Packer Theatre, the Wharf Theatres or simply share in the eclectic sights and sounds of Walsh Bay and the Sydney’s Arts Precinct. Situated in the City in the fastest growing part of Sydney, this venue is ideally placed to capitalise on the development of Barangaroo and Walsh Bay.
We are looking for an experienced Assistant Venue Manager to support the Venue Manager. This role will suit a true professional who can work without direction in supporting the Venue Manager and Events Manager. You must be able to work with little to no supervision and be flexible in hours of work which will include nights and weekends. You will have a love for the hospitality industry, provide outstanding customer service and be a true professional. Your liaison skills with customers and clients will be amazing and you will run a smooth show with outstanding results.
To ensure your success in this role you will have:
- A minimum 3 years' experience in a hands on role
- Worked in either a contemporary café, gastro pub and/or restaurants
- Be hands on running the floor and be the face of the dining area
- Manage functions from set up, to execution and break down
- Be the Venue Managers 2IC and support in running the venue
- Ability to lead a team, be hands on with supervisory skills
- Strong understanding of working a busy bar during retaurant service
- Strong understanding of COGS, Labour costs, inventory, purchase orders and invoicing
- Excellent knowledge of produce, beverages - menu design and costings
- Motivation and innovation with the ability to lead and mentor
- Excellent communication skills, time management and dedication
- Guest relations and exceptional customer service
- High level of cleanliness and hygiene, Immaculate Grooming and presentation
- Clear communication skills, Flexible, resilient and passionate
Please also follow the link and fill out the questions on our careers page:!